One of the earliest documentations of cupping can be found in the work titled A Handbook of Prescriptions for Emergencies, which was written by a Taoist herbalist by the name of Ge Hong and dates back to 300 AD. An even earlier Chinese documentation, three thousand years old, recommended cupping for the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis. The Ebers Papyrus, written c. 1550 BC one of the oldest medical textbooks in the Western world, describes the Egyptians' use of cupping, while mentioning similar practices employed by Saharan peoples. In ancient Greece, Hippocrates (c. 400 BC) used cupping for internal disease and structural problems. In both Eastern and Western cultures, Cupping therapy supporters believe that cupping removes harmful substances and toxins from the body to promote healing. Tracy will take the oxygen out of a glass cup, then Tracy will put the cup upside down on your skin. As the air inside the cup cools, it creates a vacuum. This causes your skin to rise and redden as your blood vessels expand. The cup is generally left in place from 1 seconds up to 20 minutes, or it can be slide along the skin for a massage-like effect. A more modern version of cupping uses a rubber pump to create the vacuum inside cup a plastic cup. Wet cupping creates a mild suction by leaving a cup in place for about 3 minutes. Tracy then removes the cup and uses a small lancet or dermal hamer to make light, tiny cuts on your skin, then Tracy will place the cup on...
( Chinese Medicine )
0448 215 089
Give Tracy a call today to discuss how Acupuncture & Oriental Therapies can improve your Quality of Life.
Health Care Fund Rebates Available:
Tracy is available for Consultations and Treatment at 26 Coral Street, Maleny07 5435 2555 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
First Step Now !
Tracy is registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Tracy is a current member of The Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association Ltd (AACMA)
Tracy is a member of The Australian Natural Therapists Association Limited (ANTA).
Get some expert advice
Tracy McNab Acupuncture & Remedial Massage Maleny. Queensland
Clinical Studies suggest Acupuncture could help with:
- PAINFUL Disharmonies: Such As Headache, Migraine, Cancer Pain, Postoperative Pain, Prostatitis Pain
- MUSCOLOSKELETAL Disharmonies: Knee Pain Osteoarthritis, Low Back Pain, Neck, Shoulder Pain, Lateral Elbow Pain
- NEUROLOGICAL Disharmonies: Sciatica, Acute Stroke, Insomnia
- GYNAECOLOGICAL Disharmonies: Painful Periods, Perimenopausal & Postmenopausal Insomnia, Menopausal Symptoms (hot flushes)
- PREGNANCY AND LABOUR: Induction of Labour, Back or Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy
- GASTROINTESTINAL Disharmonies: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation
- PSYCHIATRIC Disharmonies: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety, Schizophrenia, Depression